We follow the National Curriculum for PE throughout the school and use the PP PE Planning scheme to help with delivery of skills and knowledge. At The Willow, we are ATHLETES! We want our children to love physical education and sport. We want them to have no limits to what their ambitions are and grow up wanting to be personal trainers, nutritionists, sports journalists or gold medal winners.
We aim to ensure that every child has the opportunity to access physical activity daily, while covering all aspects of the PE national curriculum. We believe, through experiences and a broad, balanced and progressive curriculum tailored to all children, they will continue to have the motivation, confidence, physical competence, knowledge and understanding to value and take responsibility for their engagement in physical activity, sport and PE. Our intention is to develop a lifelong love of physical activity, sport and PE for every child at The Willow. We help all children to make rapid progress in their physical, social and mental development . This helps them maintain a positive physical and mental outlook for the future.
We Ensure that Children:
- Engage with a range of sporting opportunities from an early age; our curriculum ensures that progressive skills are taught from Reception to year 6, building year on year.
- Feel confident in learning new skills with their peers and applying these in game situations and sporting tournaments.
- Are encouraged to take part in tournaments and competitions, whatever their ability; team work and support are embedded in lessons and these experiences.
- Are offered a range of extra-curricular sporting clubs for all age groups that develop new skills and apply skills to games. These are run both by teachers and external experts.
- Have to opportunity to train and play for school clubs including representing the school and local sports events.