We follow the National Curriculum for computing throughout the school and use the NCC schemes of work to support our delivery. We want our children to understand the potential of technology and start to build computing skills for the future. We want them to become digital creators, using technology to support other areas of their work and lives, and also to understand the responsibilities of being digital consumers on their time, relationships and wellbeing. We know the digital workplace is continuously evolving and want them to grow up wanting to be a part of that as software engineers, video game designers, web developers or IT consultants.
We Ensure that Children:
- Provide an exciting, rich, relevant and challenging Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Teach pupils to become responsible, respectful and competent users of data, information and communication technology.
- Provide technology solutions for forging better home and school links.
- Enthuse and equip children with the capability to use technology throughout their lives.
- Teach pupils to understand the importance of governance and legislation regarding how information is used, stored, created, retrieved, shared and manipulated.
- Equip pupils with skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world, whilst being able to minimise risk to themselves or others.
- Instill critical thinking, reflective learning and a ‘can do’ attitude for all our pupils, particularly when engaging with technology and its associated resources.
- Use technology imaginatively and creatively to inspire and engage all pupils, as well as using it to be more efficient in the tasks associated with running an effective school.